F-Secure Software Updater
A unique tool to protect your business against known threats
4 out of 5 cyber attacks on businesses come from bugs in outdated software. Keep your business security seamless, for your overall system and your apps. Always up-to-date is always out of mind.
How to manage?
Software Updater is integrated in our client and server products, making sure you do not need a separate infrastructure. A clear, easy-to-use reporting portal allows administrators to go into detail and manage the solution.
- Huge target. Over 80% of vulnerabilities are in 3rd party products.
- Avoid obvious attacks. Keep software up-to-date against known vulnerabilities.
- Save time. Keep up with new security updates, testing and deploying.
- Effective. 83% of Top 10 malware could have been avoided with Software Updater.
- Integrated in our software. Get everything for an affordable package price.
- Unique, automatic deployment of security updates with the possibility of exclusions and manual deployment
- Installation of missing updates
- Patch management, not just for Windows, but also third-party products
- Integrated managements, no separate infrastructure needed
- Unique way to easily and automatically deploy security updates for third-party software
- Automatic protection against known threats - no more unnecessary gaps in your protection
- With 85% of vulnerabilities originating from third-party software, patch management for these software is essential
- Software Updater is integrated in F-Secure security software, thus offering best detection, automatic updates and integrated management for an affordable package price
How to manage?
Software Updater is integrated in F-Secure's client and server products, making sure you do not need a separate infrastructure. A clear, easy-to-use reporting portal allows administrators to go into detail and manage the solution.
Software updater is part of:
87% of corporate computers miss critical software updates. Source: F-Secure study in March 2013.
Most modern malware exploit known software vulnerabilities to infect IT systems. Exploits are in the wild only a few moments after the fix to a vulnerability is published.
What is Software Updater?
F-Secure’s Software Updater scans and reports missing updates for 3rd party software and deploys security updates automatically. This includes Microsoft updates for the operating system and MS applications, in addition to a comprehensive list of 3rd party applications, such as Adobe Flash, Java, OpenOffice, archive managers, media players, image viewers and so on, which are common and prone to vulnerabilities.
Software Updater periodically downloads the definition files including information about software updates, their versions, security bulletin IDs, links to knowledgebase articles, locations of installation packages, etc. Then it compares these to what software is installed and identifies missing updates.
Software Updater is integrated into security clients
Software Updater comes integrated into F-Secure security clients. Therefore, there is no need to install separate agents or management servers or consoles. Everything comes in one package: best detection, automatic updates and integrated management. Software Updater is both easy to use and affordable.
How does it work?
The scanning for missing updates happens in system startup and when new software update definitions are downloaded, or once a day as a minimum if neither of the previous events occur.
Missing updates are reported back to the Policy Manager Server and the aggregated number of missing updates is shown on the client statistics view.
The administrator has the control
Administrators can review the missing updates for the whole environments and for specific end points from Policy Manager Console and from web reporting.
The system helps the administrators keep control of the whole environment if that is necessary since no end-user actions are necessary to finalize the updates. The administrator can lock the settings from end-users to avoid human errors. And to keep it simple, installation happens with the system user rights, so no elevation prompts need to be accepted by the end-user
Clear web reporting
A clear, easy to use web portal allows the administrators to manage the solution regardless of time, place or device.
The administrator can drill down to the details of missing updates. Reports of missing software updates, their criticality and number of affected hosts can be easily accessed with a web browser.
For sales partners, the installed updates report is useful for monitoring achieved results and billing.
Software Updater is also available in Protection Service for Business
F-Secure Protection Service for Business (PSB) also includes Software Updater functionality. PSB offers all-in-one coverage against all kinds of threats for your business – securing laptops on the road, desktops in the office, mobiles moving 24/7, email servers and file servers.
See what third-party software is installed
Software Updater scans computers for missing software updates, and keeps Windows and 3rd party applications up-to-date and patched from vulnerabilities. It offers automatic deployment and also the possibility of exclusions and manual deployment.
- Scans and reports missing updates for 3rd party software and deploys security updates automatically
- Installation of missing updates and patch management for Windows and 3rd party products
- Periodically downloads the definition files, including information about software updates
- Compares these to what software is installed and identifies missing updates
- Define exclusions for the automatic mode2) based on software names or bulletin IDs
- Exclusions can be filtered out from console interface to avoid clutter
Download the Protect your business against known threats - Functional description (PDF).
Download the Products supported by F-Secure Software Updater (PDF).